For the set up of a proy P2 repository three Nexus plugins are needed:
- Nexus Capability Plugin (It is contained in the basic Nexus installation)
- Nexus P2 Bridge Plugin 2.0.5 (Download)
- Nexus P2 Repository Plugin 2.2 (Download)
It is important that you download the artifacts ending with -bundle.zip. Unzip both plugins in the directory $NEXUS_HOME/../sonatype-work/nexus/plugin-repository of your Nexus instance. Restart your Nexus instance. Then follow the instruction for creating a proxy P2 repository in the Sonatype Nexus book.
After I had created two proxy P2 Repositories, Nexus ran unstable. It restarted every night, automatically. A post in Nexus Mailing List advised me to increasing the heap space to 1024MB for a stable run with proxies P2 Repository:
- Open the config file $NEXUS_HOME/nexus/bin/jsw/conf/wrapper.conf.
- Edit the property wrapper.java.maxmemory.
Increasing the heap space to 1024MV solves my problem.